Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics GP, and Microsoft Dynamics NAV Module Based Licensing and Business Ready Licensing price changes – effective January 2016.
Microsoft Dynamics currently supports three licensing models for Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics GP, and Microsoft Dynamics NAV:
· Module Based Licensing ("MBL") model and Business Ready Licensing ("BRL"), available to existing customers having first licensed in 2014 (or prior)
· Business Value Licensing for new and existing Dynamics AX customers
· Perpetual Licensing for new and existing Dynamics NAV and Dynamics GP customers
While Microsoft encourage existing MBL and BRL customers with an active enhancement plan to upgrade to the latest version of their products using the attractive license model transition upgrade policies, if applicable, Microsoft understand that some customers will want to remain on their current versions.
Therefore, existing MBL and BRL customers will be able to continue licensing additional users and functionality through their existing licensing models. That said, Microsoft do not want our pricing policies to discourage customers from upgrading due to user price differences.
So, to complete the user price point rationalization change first implemented in July 2014, Microsoft is increasing user prices on the following license models and editions effective 1 January 2016:
- Microsoft Dynamics AX MBL Professional, MBL Enterprise, and BRL Business Essentials
- Microsoft Dynamics GP and Microsoft Dynamics NAV MBL Professional, MBL User Based Pricing, and BRL Business Essentials
Microsoft believe that this pricing realignment, designed to bridge the gap between old and new licensing models, will help you increase your existing customer revenue while making it slightly more compelling for your existing customers to upgrade to the latest version of their products.
The resulting prices are illustrated in the table below.
This price increase does not impact the Protected List Price of users licensed by existing customers prior to 1 January 2016, subject to the then applicable Customer Services and Support Policy.
Please note that MBL prices for the Standard edition and that BRL prices for the Advanced Management edition are not changing.
What does it mean for existing customers? Between now and 31 December 2015, there is no better time for your existing customers on the MBL and BRL license models to buy the users they might need in the next 6 to 12 months by buying them before prices go up on 1 January 2016.
Next steps for your organization:
1. Please place your orders by December 29th 2015 to ensure posting by December 31st 2015.